Monday, August 4, 2014

Abandoned and sharp

Last month I went on some sort of tour around London and went to Bermondsey.  Who knew this place existed?! But to be fair, I have been living in London for 5 years and I have yet to fully explore this quirky city and its corners.
Back when I visited this square hidden behind the great walls of some sorts of grounded buildings and bridge, there was an art exhibition in the middle of the square of the Vitrine Gallery.
Without any further ado, I present you the work that was on display then and how much I liked the contrasting elements.  In a case where Art is metamorphosed into Fashion, I think this particular Art would work really well as fabric prints...I will leave that for you to judge too.








"The world of plenty is New Babylon, the world in which man no longer toils, but plays; poetry as a way of life for the masses."  - Constant Nieuwenhuys -